The weekend movie box office ranking from March 10th to 12th has been released and “Doraemon: Nobita’s Sky Utopia” held its top spot from last week with an increase of 384,000 moviegoers and 468 million yen in box office revenue. The film has now recorded a number of 1.02 million moviegoers and 1.2 billion in box office revenue. Newly released films that ranked in the Top 10 include Hollywood film “A Man Called Otto” while “BTS: Yet to Come in Cinemas” and Academy Award winner for Best Original Song “RRR” made reappearances.
“THE FIRST SLAM DUNK” was able to move up one spot from last weekend with a performance of 137,000 moviegoers and a box office revenue of 200 million yen. 3rd place went to “And Yet, You Are So Sweet” which attracted 103,000 moviegoers and earned 122 million yen at the box office over the weekend with a cumulative total of 407,000 moviegoers and 491 million yen in box office revenue.
Japan Box Office Ranking Top 10 (March 10th to March 12th)
- Doraemon: Nobita’s Sky Utopia (week 2) (–)
- THE FIRST SLAM DUNK (week 15) (↑ 1)
- And Yet, You Are So Sweet (week 2) (↓ 1)
- Demon Slayer: To the Swordsmith Village (week 6) (–)
- Everything Everywhere All at Once (week 2) (–)
- BLUE GIANT (week 4) (–)
- Suzume no Tojimari (week 18) (↑ 1)
- BTS: Yet to Come in Cinemas (week 6) (re-enter)
- RRR (week 21) (re-enter)
- A Man Called Otto (NEW)