The weekend movie box office ranking from July 7 to July 9 has been released and Hollywood action/adventure film “Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny” which started in second place in the previous week is now in first place. Over the weekend the film attracted 256,000 moviegoers and earned 394 million yen at the box office. Newly released films that ranked within the top 10 are youth love story “Our Secret Diary” in 3rd place, and “Resident Evil: Death Island” in 9th place.
Last week’s first place spot holder “Tokyo Revengers 2: Bloody Halloween -Decisive Battle- “, ranked 2nd over the weekend with 229,000 moviegoers and 316 million yen in box office revenue. The cumulative results exceeded 880,000 moviegoers and box office revenue of 1,162 million yen.
In 3rd place, “Our Secret Diary” attracted 133,000 moviegoers with a box office revenue of 164 million yen. The source material is from a novel of the same name written by Sakura Iiyo. Over 650,000 copies have been sold until now.
In 4th place is Disney live action film “The Little Mermaid ” and in its 5th week of release the cumulative total has now reached 1.83 million moviegoers and 2.7 billion yen at the box office. Meanwhile 5th place is “The Super Mario Bros. Movie ” and in its 11th week of release the cumulative total is now at 8.98 million moviegoers and a box office revenue of over 12.8 billion yen.
Japan Box Office Ranking Top 10 (July 7 to July 9)
- Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny (week 2) (↑ 1)
- Tokyo Revengers 2: Bloody Halloween – Decisive Battle (week 2) (↓ 1)
- Our Secret Diary (2023) (NEW)
- The Little Mermaid (week 5) (↓ 1)
- The Super Mario Bros. Movie (week 11) (↓ 1)
- Soreike! Anpanman Dororin to Bakeru Carnival (week 2) (↓ 1)
- IDOLiSH7 Movie: LIVE 4bit BEYOND THE PERiOD (week 8) (↓ 1)
- Monster (week 6) (↓ 1)
- Resident Evil: Death Island (NEW)
- Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse (week 4) (↓ 2)